Friday, February 17, 2012

What was the last thing you bought on the internet?


       British shoppers spent [pound]150m on the internet last Monday, as high street stores admitted their sales were down. Are we all online shoppers now?
 Rob Harris, 25
 CHEMIST
       Car insurance. It's easier to compare prices on the internet. There can be unforeseen hazards. A friend once bought a flight to Italy when he was drunk. He didn't go.
Sunny Jewon, 40
FLYER DISTRIBUTOR
       I haven't ever bought anything from the internet. It's too expensive to get a connection in my room here in England, and I can't really afford to go out and use it in internet cafes either.
  Alan Brown
 RETIRED COMPUTER CONSULTANT
       Tickets to see Cabaret, although usually I prefer real shops because I don't know what I want until I see it. Once or twice I've had Tesco deliver the shopping right into my hall, which was rather super.
 David Mallinson, mid-50s
 ACTOR
       I'm an old-fashioned photographer so I buy paper and solutions online now that everybody else has gone digital. There's definitely something to be said for looking at things in shops, but I do hate these crowds.
Kat Cunningham, 25
RADIO PLUGGER
       I bought a top and some sunglasses from asos.com, the only website I've ever shopped at. I don't really buy on the net.
James Aduwa, 17
STUDENT
       Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. They're like Pokemon but with monsters, and you can find them cheaper on the internet than they are in the shops. I'm not doing my Christmas shopping on the internet, but my Mum is.
Anna Jackson, 43
V&A CURATOR
       A box of books from Amazon, because books are heavy to carry home. Internet shopping is the fashionable thing to do at the moment, but I do wonder whether or not people will tire of it.
Jinye Kim, 23
BUSINESS STUDENT
      A grey jacket from Zara. The shop had sold out of my size, so it was useful to be able to get it from the internet. Online shopping is often cheaper than the high street, too.
Dreem Nkumbula, 17
STUDENT
     A Janet Jackson CD. Going to the shops is a totally different experience. If I go to Oxford Street I'll meet my friends and we'll have a wander and get some lunch. It's not just about the shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment